Picking a TV to buy is a lot like getting married — you're going to be spending a lot of time together in your house, and you hope it will last forever. What do you do before you get married? You date. But sometimes it can be hard to make sense of all your option.? Some stores, like Sears, offer a matchmaker service that helps you pick out the best TVs for your living space. Some stores just offer a list of specs in flowery language.
What does all that talk about refresh rates, USB inputs and motion blur really mean? To help you pick a TV mate, dealnews has created its own version of a dating game, designed to help you pick out the best TV (because we know what you're really thinking about when you hear about ultra-slim displays). So whether you're rushing to get one before the big game, or just really want one of those fancy new models now that prices have come down, trust that we treat three of the most sought-after TVs as they should be — like popular models. So sit back, relax, and enjoy our show.
The three models on display in our dating game are 55" TVs or larger. These are coming down quickly in price. In fact, we recently did a study on how low prices have dropped, and found that 3D models have plummeted 50% in the last year alone! So check prices before you head to the store!
- Sony Bravia 60" LCD EX500 — You can find this model, and others like it, for around $2,000.
- LG Infinia 60" Plasma 60PK750 — You can find this model, and others like it, for around $1700
- Samsung 55" 3D LED UN55C9000 — You can find this model, and others like it, for around $3,000
If you're wondering why 3D TVs are dropping so fast in price, then watch our video series on the future of 3D which explains:
- Why 3D TVs Are a Hard Sell
- When Will We Get 3D TV Without Glasses?
- Is Star Wars in 3D The New Hope?
- Can You Watch the Super Bowl in 3D and Would You Want to?
Photo Credit: Pansonaut via Flickr.