A recent Travel Channel poll ranked Mexico as the number one destination for honeymooners, and not just for the year-round 80-degree weather and palm-lined beaches; Mexico is full of cultural, historical, and exotic places that draw visitors from around the world. Couple these qualities (no pun intended) with affordability, and you've got a recipe for a perfect honeymoon (add champagne as required). Whether you're after romance, or just a relaxing week at the beach, head to Mexico and indulge in some of the most affordable luxuries around.
Getting to your dream Mexican destination doesn't have to cost un ojo de la cara. We've found American Airlines roundtrip fares to Cancun starting at $300 (a low by $11; expires August 15). Unlike most international airports, Cancun International does not allow taxis to pick up arrivals, so make sure to book your airport transportation in advance. If you want a bit more flexibility in your itinerary, United Airlines is offering roundtrip flights to a wider array of destinations throughout Mexico for dollars more (from $307, a low by $5; expires August 15). Once you're back on terra firma, let the wooing begin!
Playa del Carmen & Cozumel Getaways
Drop your bags in your beachside room and get ready to enjoy the honeymoon package for the duration of your all-inclusive 5-night stay for two at the Allegro Cozumel Hotel (from $540, a low by $28; expires August 18) on the island of Cozumel. Time to revel in a room upgrade, welcome flower arrangement, breakfast in bed, and a discount on massages. Throw in a couple of margaritas and you've got an unforgettable start to your lives together.
Just across the Caribbean Sea and back on the mainland, you'll find the "South Beach" of Mexico: Playa del Carmen's trendy night scene gives couples the opportunity to really let their hair down. If you want to avail of the excitement but still be able to escape back to your own personal paradise, opt for a 5-night flight and hotel stay at the Grand Riviera Princess Resort & Spa (from $1,247.24, a low by $41; expires August 9) on the northeastern edge of the city. This resort hotel offers guests a choice of pools, restaurants, bars, and even a handy shuttle service downtown.
Cancun Vacations for Couples
Sure, the first thing that comes to mind when most people think of Cancun is co-eds, but currently it's the off-peak season and, thus, the perfect time to visit this beachside city, situated on the northern tip of the Riviera Maya. With vacancies abounding, a stay at the 4-star Westin Resort and Spa Cancun (from $79, a low by $40; expires August 16) is a great way to enjoy the vibrancy of Cancun without the crowds. Likewise, for couples who want to add some local flair to their vacations, a 3-night stay for two at the all-inclusive Now Jade Riviera (from $1,247.24, a low by $41; expires August 9) is what a honeymoon is all about. The resort is just a short stroll from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, where you'll find some of the Riviera's most authentic fresh fish restaurants as well as a diver's paradise in the Great Mesoamerican Reef.
Mexico & The Pacific
A leisurely drive up the coast from Cabos will bring you to San José del Cabo. There you can carry your honey over the threshold and into the Melia Cabo Real Resort for a 5-night all-inclusive stay (from $1,090, a low by $305; expires August 9). Drop your bags and cash-in your $300 resort credit to rent a car and explore the local area, which is dotted with (usually deserted) coves of sparkling white beaches. The hotel itself has a lagoon pool overlooking the ocean, where you can swim up to the bar! Now that's paradise.
Mexico has an unending supply of sun, beaches, ocean, and even alcohol; all you have to bring with you on your trip is the passion. We hope you've found a Mexican destination deal that makes your heart sing! But if you're looking for other romantic getways, look through our weekly roundup of the top travel deals for additional discounted flights, hotels, and vacation packages.
Mexico Vacation Deals
- American Airlines roundtrip fares to Cancun (from $300, a low by $11; expires August 15)
- United Airlines roundtrip flights to Mexico (from $307, a low by $5; expires August 15)
- 5-night all-inclusive stay for two at the Allegro Cozumel Hotel (from $540, a low by $28; expires August 18)
- 5-night flight and hotel package for two at the Grand Riviera Princess Resort & Spa (from $1,247.24, a low by $41; expires August 9)
- Stays at the Westin Resort and Spa Cancun (from $79, a low by $40; expires August 16)
- 3-night all-inclusive stay for two at the Now Jade Riviera (from $1,247.24, a low by $41; expires August 9)
- 4-night hotel and flight package for two at the Riu Caribe Resort (from $1,280.70, a low by $28; expires August 9)
- Stay at the Cabanas Maria del Mar (from $52.26, a low by $6; expires August 15)
- 4-night flight and hotel package for two at the Riu Santa Fe (from $1,183.92, a low by $15; expires August 18)
- 5-night all-inclusive stay at the Melia Cabo Real Resort (from $1,090, a low by $305; expires August 9)