If you're anything like yours truly, most daily struggles are overcome by one tasty necessity: caffeine. Be it mustering the will to get out of bed, surviving the morning commute, or tackling an ever-growing pile of paper work, a cup of coffee (or four) sees us through the worst of times.
In celebration of this special relationship, National Coffee Day brings with it a host of free cups of joe and coupons
Only on Thursday, September 29, a selection of our favorite stores are offering free cups of the good stuff. We've scoured the web to list the very best of these offers. Make sure to bookmark this page and check back, as we'll add more deals as we come across them.
Best National Coffee Day Deals
- Krispy Kreme: Not only will the store be giving out a free 12-oz. cup of coffee, but you'll even bag a complimentary Original Glazed donut as a sweet accompaniment.
- Wawa: For those of you who like to drink a lot of coffee, Wawa should be your one stop shop. Customers can visit their local outlet multiple times for any size coffee for free.
- Cumberland Farms: Looking for a cool treat for a break from all that hot coffee? Text "FREECOFFEE" to 64827 and you'll receive a mobile coupon for a free iced or hot coffee, in any size.
- Pilot Flying J: If you've had your fill of coffee, you can choose a free small cup of tea, cappuccino, or any other hot beverage of your choice when you download the online coupon from its Facebook page.
- Dunkin' Donuts: It may not be totally free, but for those who favor Dunkin' Donuts' brews, you can score a medium hot coffee for just 66 cents all day.
- LaMar's: If you'd like a memento to keep after the day has passed, you can pick up a LaMar's 16-oz. Collector's Travel Mug for just $1.19 and then get it filled with your favorite coffee for free.
- Whole Foods: For those who like an autumnal taste to their coffee, Whole Foods is knocking $1 off its 6-oz. Allegro Pumpkin Spice Latte when you download its app.
- Peet's Coffee: Still not quite got your fill of caffeine? Head over to Peet's for lunch and you can nab a medium cup of drip coffee for free when you buy any fresh food item.
- McDonald's: Only select restaurants will be giving out free cups of coffee this year, from the good old drip brew to Pumpkin Lattes, so check your local outlets' Twitter or Facebook page for more details.
Coffee Day Charity PromotionsInstead of touting more free coffee, select major outlets are choosing to celebrate National Coffee Day by giving back. Consider making a purchase via the outlets below and you could not only get a deal for you, but help make a difference for someone else.
- Starbucks: For every bag of México Chiapas coffee sold on the day, the outlet will donate one tree to farmers affected by coffee rust in Mexico, El Salvador, and Guatemala.
- Whole Foods: When you buy any drip coffee at Whole Foods, Allegro Coffee will donate $1 to the Whole Planet Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides grants to microfinance small businesses in Asia, Africa, the Americas, and the Middle East.
- McDonald's: Buy any drip coffee at Pennsylvania or New Jersey outlets and all proceeds will be donated to Covenant House, a charity that provides shelter for homeless youth.
No matter your choice of roast come National Coffee Day, you'll be bright and buzzing at work, leaving you with little excuse when you doze off during an afternoon slump.
Readers, have you seen any other National Coffee Day promotions? Let us know in the comments below.
Related Related DealNews Blog Posts: