There are many wonderful benefits that come with an Amazon Prime membership — some of which you may not even know about. But did you know you can share these perks with someone you love? Actually, you don't even have to love them, merely live in the same household. So how do you add family members to Amazon Prime? Let us walk you through it.
Before you begin, make sure both you and your soon-to-be Prime buddy are present. At the very least, you'll need to be privy to some of their personal info, such as the login details of their Amazon account. (And yes, your recipient will need to have an Amazon account.)
How to Share Your Amazon Prime Account
1. Go to Amazon.com.
2. Hover on the "Prime" pull-down and click "Explore all your Prime benefits."
3. Scroll to bottom of page and click "Share Your Prime."
4. Sign in.
5. Enter the sign-in for the person with whom you wish to share your Prime benefits, and click "verify second adult's account."
6. Confirm that you agree to share payment information. (You must agree to this to share Prime benefits.) Click "Create Household."
7. Decide whether you want to share share apps and games, eBooks, and audiobooks. Click "Next."
8. The next page will allow you to manage the content you share. You can also add children to your account from there.
And there you have it! Note that if your Prime buddy leaves the household, they won't be able to join another Prime household for a whopping 180 days. There is also a limit of four children, so if you have more than that you'll just have to pick your favorites.
Readers, what do you think of sharing Prime benefits? Do you feel like it's a waste of money not to form an Amazon Household, or do you prefer to keep your benefits to yourself? Share your thoughts in the comments below!