CES and Macworld are both on the horizon. It's the perfect storm for tech rumors!
Jeff Somogyi is a dealnews Senior Staffwriter who recharges nothing. No wonder Al Gore wants him dead.
- New iPhone firmware to finally bring copy-and-paste functionality?
Well, kudos to Apple for making something as simple as "CTRL-C, CTRL-V" into a drool-worthy feature. I bet, had they thought of it, they would have left the off-switch off of the device, so that people would clamor for it, then wet themselves when they got it.
- Microsoft to make monetary amends to users affected by LIVE outage?
Users want Microsoft to pay to make up for screwing them over? Who do they think they're dealing with? Apple?!
- Mac "sub-notebook" coming, sans optical drive?
Yes, add yet ANOTHER Mac computer to the long list of potential reveals at Macworld. Y'know, if ALL of the rumors are to be believed, Mac is going to be selling dozens of different devices, each only 1" bigger than the next. Like some sort of Russian-nesting-doll computer.
- New Xbox 360 "Ultimate" on the way?
It does everything that, in the past, you needed add-ons and accessories to do (HD-DVD, 320GB hard drive, wifi). What is MS going to charge extra for, now?
- New Final Cut Pro app to feature native Redcode editing support?
The only one excited? Peter Jackson.
- Next-gen Eee PC to be bigger?
Careful, guys. There is a fine line between being a "small, sexy, ultra-portable" and "just another laptop".
- Next-gen Eee PC to be a desktop?
An ultra-portable desktop? A non-portable laptop? Either way, it smacks of "sophomore slump", doesn't it?
- Wii recharge station overheats, kills Wiimotes?
See what you get for trying to save money and the environment by not using throw-away batteries?!
Please note that, although prices sometimes fluctuate or expire
unexpectedly, all products and deals mentioned in this feature were
available at the lowest total price we could find at the time of
publication (unless otherwise specified).