Memorial Day weekend sales and deals are here!
The sales are finally here, and there's a lot to choose from. We're rounding up all the best Memorial Day sales here, and we've included a few of our favorites below. (Hint: This is an excellent time to shop for clothing!)
- The Limited: Extra 50% off select items
- Szul: 70% to 90% off sitewide; extra 15% off via coupon code "MEMORIAL15"
- Steven Alan: Extra 30% off select items
- Ted Baker: Up to 40% off select items
- Tilly's: 50% off select items; free shipping via coupon code "SHIP16"
- Juicy Couture: 40% off sitewide via coupon code "MDW40"
- American Apparel: Up to $75 off select orders via coupon code "MD2016"
- Last Call: Extra 50% to 65% off clearance items; extra 30% off sitewide; extra $10 off select orders via coupon code "MAYWLC10"; free shipping on $99 via "LCSHIP"
- Asos: 20% off select apparel via coupon code "HISUMMER"
- Sperry: Up to 50% off select items; extra 30% off via coupon code "MDAY30"
- Vineyard Vines: Extra 30% off select styles via coupon code "SUMMER16"
- Bloomingdale's: Extra 20% off select items via coupon code "BROWNBAG"
- Jewelry.com: Extra 25% off sitewide via coupon code "MEMDAY"
- Barneys Warehouse: Extra 30% to 60 off sale items
- Lucky Brand: Extra 40% off select items
- Target: 30% off select items via coupon code "MEMDAY30"; extra $5 off $50 or more via "TGT4DN9P"
Not finding what you want? Click here for the full list, or check out our guide below for info on what's still to come.
Although summer doesn't technically begin until June 20, most people consider Memorial Day to be the official start of the season. This year the holiday falls on May 30, and of course you can expect a bevy of sales.
Unlike some other holidays, Memorial Day sales don't disappoint — as long as you shop for the right stuff. You'll want to steer clear of summer items, as you'll find better deals on things like grills and summer clothing later in the season. (Hold off until August for those goodies.) Instead, stick to the guide below to find plenty of substantive savings.
Sales Start the Week Before
While last year we saw a couple travel deals early in the month, the first proper Memorial Day sale arrived 11 days before the holiday, which would be May 19 this year. Nonetheless, we saw a greater number of sales as the holiday got closer, with a large spike in promos on the preceding Thursday and Friday. Still, many stores will release discounts on the holiday itself, with around 25% of all sales falling on Memorial Day proper.
Save 20% to 90% on Spring Clothing
While we saw a drop in the total number of clothing sales last year, you can still expect about 30% of all sales to be for spring clothing. Expect to see deals from Uniqlo, Macy's, Amazon, Saks Fifth Avenue, PacSun, Sierra Trading Post, Gap, and Eddie Bauer, with discounts of 20% to 90% off. Designer brands like Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, and Cole Haan will also offer discounts, which will range from 30% to 50% off.
However, you won't want to settle for a mere sale price, as most stores will also have coupons offering deeper discounts. Look for coupons taking up to an extra 40% off.
Look for Coupons to Add to Discounts on Everything
Fortunately, stackable coupons aren't exclusive to apparel. In previous years, we've seen similar deals for appliances, furniture, and even musical instruments. You can expect to see coupons for as much as 60% off from Williams-Sonoma, Sears, Crate & Barrel, and more.
Home Goods Stores Will Knock Up to 70% Off
Last year, a full 27% of all sales focused on home items, including discounts on appliances, kitchen supplies, and furniture. Looking to make improvements to your house for the summer? Expect Lowe's and Home Depot to take discounts of up to 50% off and 34% off, respectively. Need to step up your game in the kitchen for summer entertaining? Williams-Sonoma and Chef's Catalog should be cutting prices by 60% and 70%, respectively. Also, look for big sales from Sears, JCPenney, and Cymax.
Mattress Prices Could Drop as Low as $240
Historically, May has always been a good time to replace your mattress with a new one, and we've consistently seen discounts on Memorial Day. Expect deals from Amazon and Sears, since both offered 60% off last year. Also look to US-Mattress to cut prices in half or tack on an additional 40% off select items. Even Groupon could get in on the game; last year the site took up to 80% off and then offered a coupon for an additional 10% discount. Look for prices starting as low as $240 for a twin-size mattress.
Book Your Next Vacation
If you start to get the travel bug while relaxing at home during the holiday weekend, then you're in luck: Memorial Day is a great time to book that summer vacation. Last year we saw both flights and hotels on sale, so expect deals on weekend getaways and longer trips. Look for sales on domestic hotels and flights from Hotels.com, Jetsetter, and Travelocity, as well as directly from airlines like Southwest.
Using the guidelines above, you should be able to find plenty of deals among this year's Memorial Day sales. Enjoy the savings and the extended weekend, dealseekers!