To help you in your quest, we've put together an entire section of Mother's Day Gift Ideas.
Of course, some of you will foolishly try to "go it alone." Well, if you're not going to listen to our advice about what to buy her, at least have the decency to avoid these 12 gift ideas:
- Anything even REMOTELY "kitchen-based" (pots and pans, sponges, etc.)
- A collection of XXXXXXXL muumuus and house dresses
- Draft-Your-Own-Will kit
- A nice dinner at YOUR favorite restaurant
- A copy of "Stepmom", "Throw Momma From The Train", or "Mommy Dearest" on HD-DVD
- A grave stone / cemetery plot
- A pack of cigarettes (unless you can remember her brand)
- Stolen jewelry
- 30-day free trial to Norton Anti-Virus
- Anything "As Seen On TV"
- A dugong-skin coat (or a coat made from the skin of ANY water mammal, really)
- A copy of "Oedipus Rex"
See more inanity on his blog: The Somogyi Perspective.