Tax Day is finally here! And if you just managed to e-file or drop your return in the mail, you could probably use a little de-stressing. Fortunately, lots of our favorite stores and restaurants are once again offering a selection of free food and experiences today.
The list below compiles only the confirmed freebies to date; be sure to bookmark this page, as we'll be updating it with more offers as they trickle in. Plus, you can also check out our freebies page in the meantime to see what other cost-free goodies you can take advantage of.
The Top 5 Tax Day Deals and Freebies for 2017
For the fifth year in a row, Great American Cookies is offering a complimentary sweet treat to all those who've kept the IRS at bay for one more year. Pop into your local outlet on April 18 and you'll get one of their Birthday Cake cookies for free, without spending a single cent.
Another store that's keeping up its Tax Day freebie tradition is Kona Ice. The outlet is giving away its tropical shaved ice cones for free in its bid to help the country "chill out" after a stressful week of adding, subtracting, and crying over tax paperwork.
Once you've had your fill of sugary treats, you can hit up Schlotzsky's at lunchtime for a savory something. If you buy any 32-oz. drink and a bag of chips, you'll get the much-loved bakery's Original Sandwich for free.
Yet another Tax Day staple joins the fray for 2017. California Tortilla will once again offer a free queso and chips with any order on April 18 when you mention the password "TAX CRUNCH!" to your server.
Aside from comfort eating, we can't think of a better way to get over the trauma of filing those taxes than a massage. Luckily, from April 15 to 22, you can indulge in a free HydroMassage at any Planet Fitness location. A coupon will be available on Planet Fitness' website once the promotion is live.
More Tax Day Freebies and Deals
- NEW McDonald's: This varies a lot by location, but we've confirmed locations throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Florida, and Ohio are offering some kind of deal, from a $1 Big Mac to a quarter pounder for 18 cents. Check with your nearest locations to see if they are offering a deal.
- NEW TurboTax: From 1-3 PT, TurboTax will be hosting a "Procrastination Station" via Facebook Live. Viewers can play silly games for the chance to win prizes that include an Amazon Echo, a $200 Southwest Airlines gift card, and a $500 Visa gift card.
- Hot Dog On A Stick: Get an Original Turkey Dog on a Stick for free on April 18, with no minimum purchase required
- Chili's: Toast another IRS-free 12 months at Chili's while it offers its blueberry and pineapple margaritas for just $6 all day on April 18.
- Boston Market: Get the Half-Chicken Individual Meal with two sides, cornbread, regular fountain drink, and a cookie for just $10.40.
- Bruegger's Bagels: For yet another year, nab 13 bagels and two tubs of cream cheese for just $10.40.
So, amidst the confusing revenue lingo and Wite-Out smudges, be sure to bookmark this page so you can check back later; we'll be adding even more of this year's Tax Day freebies and deals in the coming days.